We are currently offering community classes Sept. 8, 2018 - May 25, 2019 Every Saturday
We are continuously adding more classes and options and welcome the opportunity to introduce Lango to your child's school. For more information on how to do so, please click here.
Our classes offer a uniquely developed curriculum called Adventure Learning® which offers age-appropriate activities to students in the target language. Methods include Total Physical Response, Multiple Intelligences Theory and the Rassais Method. This means that in each class your child will have many ways to learn the language. They may absorb it through hearing a story, singing a song, playing a game, responding to prompts, or doing an art activity.
Class Schedule and Prices:
- $75/month for Parent & Toddler and Preschool/Elementary classes. $100/month for Language Club. Art and Music Workshops vary in price. The Daycare/Preschool vary in price. Trial month class is available in classes ($75) and club ($100).
- 15% Sibling Discount
- Classes offered in monthly trials, semester and school year options
- Every student, will be charged a $40 registration fee annually (non-refundable) except for Art and Music Workshops.
- Each student in language classes will receive Lango Materials: workbook, flashcards and music CD.
- Enroll any time during the school year
- Auto billing on the first of each month of enrollment
- Cancel anytime for any reason. Must submit withdrawal request via email by the 25th of the month! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Please read our Terms and Conditions
- Classes are once a week for 45 minutes unless otherwise noted
- Maximum of ten kids per class (one teacher)
- NO CLASSES during Thanksgiving week, Christmas week, New Years week, Spring Break and July 4th.
- In the event of inclement weather, Lango follows PGCPS schedules and closings. In the case of class closure due to inclement weather outside PGCPS schedules, Lango will send out an email & text message to our families. In the event that classes are canceled, we will make every effort to schedule make-up classes. These make-up classes will be scheduled and you will be notified.
Schedule a FREE DEMO CLASS HERE!
Scroll down to see our list of Classes, Meetings and Location:
Toddler-and-Parent Classes (Ages 1.5-3)
Children in this class don't sit still for long! Accompanied by parents or caregivers, these young "students" (ages 1½ to 3 years) start learning a new language through a variety of activities designed to engage their minds and bodies. Music and movement form the foundation for the classes, as the children sing simple, rhythmic songs and dance, run, spin and jump around the room! Meanwhile, our teachers work with the accompanying adults, teaching them age-appropriate games and activities so that they can reinforce learning at home. These "play classes" are great for parents and caregivers who want to learn a second language alongside their children!
Preschoolers' Classes (Ages 3-5)
Fun and play form the foundation for our Preschool Spanish classes. Within two or three classes, kids ages 3-5 learn key phrases in their new language through simple, repeated songs and chants. Meanwhile, they become familiar with more complex aspects of the language by engaging in "adventures," art projects and movement-based games that require them to solve simple problems - in their new language, of course! These adventures, starring the Lango Kids, our multicultural cast of characters, take students to other lands and cultures to ensure that their language instruction is combined with cultural exposure. Preschoolers' Lango classes are great for kids who are enrolled in preschool, but have not yet started kindergarten.
Elementary Classes (Ages 5-11)
A strong cultural emphasis grounds our elementary language lessons in the customs and traditions of foreign-speaking peoples, while a simple literacy component ensures that these students not only listen, speak, sing and play in the target language, but read and write as well. Our curriculum takes students on imaginary journeys where they work on fun problem solving adventures built around cultural themes. Additionally, students are provided with a workbook which they customize themselves with words in the target language. The workbook focuses on reading, writing, and recognition of ordinal numbers, sentence structure and parts of speech.